Listing at the right price is crucial and a professional appraisal from Timberline Appraising Inc. will ensure you get it right.
Selling your home? You would be wise to invest in a professional appraisal. An appraisal doesn't cost that much and it's worth the money in the long run! Unless the homeowner studies real estate values on a day to day basis, like a professional appraiser does, it's practically impossible for them to understand the nuances of local real estate values.
You could be fixated on the costs of purchasing and upgrading your home, or how much you want to sell it for. Instead, an appraisal provides a professional opinion on how much your home will bring on the open market. Something is only worth the price another person is going to pay.
Appraisals are valuable tools for people selling without an agent
An increasing amount of Utah homeowners are choosing to sell their homes FSBO (For Sale By Owner) and foregoing the assistance of a real estate agent. But if you're going to do it right, quickly and for top dollar, what you need is a expert appraiser. The best thing to have is an objective opinion, and we understand that it can be very hard to be objective about your own home because of your emotional attachment to it. We will tell you what you need to know, not just what you want to hear.
In addition to helping you set a sound asking price to attract more potential buyers, a professional appraisal can:
· Be a very useful negotiating tool when you find a potential buyer
· Impress buyers with written proof of the interior and exterior condition of your home
· Make you aware of problems and get rid of any last-minute repair hassles that might hold-up a closing
· Help prevent the possibility of unidentified problems that cause sales to backslide
It can be surprising to people to discover their home's value is higher than they first thought. So investing in a professional appraisal provided the data to support a sale for thousands more than they originally expected. Others have an an exaggerated opinion of their home's value, and an appraisal gave them the assistance they needed in order to realistically price their home - allowing them to quickly sell it - instead of waiting on the market for months. Asking too much for a home will not attract buyers, reducing your offers, making closing more difficult, wasting valuable time, money, and efforts.
Pre-listing appraisals in Salt Lake County
Even if you have a very skillful agent, it's in your best interest to get an unbiased second opinion of value prior to signing a listing contract. And that's where Timberline Appraising Inc. comes in. We can provide you with a pre-listing appraisal so both you and your agent have a precise description of your home's features and a detailed analysis of the most recent and similar comparable sales or as they're commonly called, "comps".
Consulting services for Salt Lake County Sellers: Have a local expert at your disposal!
Not sure if you need a full appraisal but would like some information about the status of your area's real estate? We can provide assistance for your real estate dilemmas with services especially tailored for customers with your real estate needs.
If you're curious what you'll be getting from Timberline Appraising Inc. when ordering an appraisal just take a look....
· We take great pride in making sure that when you send your initial inquiry, you get a response ASAP: We personalize information to the needs of our clients. Just tell us your situation, and we will make suggestions.
· Fast turnaround for appraisals: Typically in a week's time or less from the date we receive the request, we can have a PDF ready for you to download from our site or in your e-mail.
· Consulting and appraisal report presentations that suit YOUR needs: We've preformed a lot of assignments, and we know that when providing real estate appraising, there isn't a typical or standard "cookie cutter" report. We offer a variety of report types and have know how at providing appraisals to clients minus the industry jargon and in an easy to read format with the general public in mind.
· Fast to follow-up questions: Reports we write are written in plain English, comprehensible to people outside the real estate industry, and meet or exceed the Uniform Standards of Professional Practice that regulates the appraisal practice. Should you have any questions about your appraisal once you've read through the report, just give us a call or email us!